Welcome To Ringhaddy Daffodils
Excellent daffodil bulbs from Northern Ireland
Welcome to our 2013 website. We hope you enjoy browsing through it and that you find it easy to use. Currently we have not got images of every one of our varieties, but will continue to add them.
We have a number of exciting new introductions this year. (Click on "New Daffodils" and choose "2013" to see them all) including:
- Four of our own breeding, including 'Tangerine Tango' (4Y-O), (a lovely orange tinged double)
- Six varieties from Brian Duncan, the highly scented 'Road Runner' (7YYW-YWW) was very well received at the RHS Daffodil Show
- Two new cultivars from Derrick Turbitt - 'Causeway Torch' (2W-YYP) a lovely pink being one
- Two from Eddie Jarman -'Good Intentions' (2Y-Y), a great rival to Happy Valley
- One from John Blanchard - 'Picket Post' (3W-O)
- Four US varieties from Harold Koopowitz, two of which are co-bred by Marilyn Howe, - three are autumn flowering and the very early 'Season's Greetings' (7W-GWW) named as it flowers between Christmas and the New Year.
We continue to show many flowers of our own breeding and it was pleasing to see how well they did. It is interesting to observe that at the RHS shows, the majority of the seedlings now being shown are Northern Irish bred.
In 2012 we had a hot dry spell agian in March, so our flowering season was comparatively short. However, the weather changed to cool, wet and more seasonal conditions filling the bulbs nicely and it was damp enough to make the digging easier. June and July were quite dry giving very good conditions for harvesting and the quality of the bulbs was excellent. An extremely wet October meant that we had to plant whenever we could. In spite of that we managed to have all the bulbs in the ground by the end of the first week of November.
You can now follow us on Facebook.
60 Ringhaddy Road, Killinchy, Co. Down,
BT23 6TU, Northern Ireland.
Tel: +44 (0)28 9754 1007
Mobile/Cell: +44 (0)7762 337 534
Gold Medal stand at RHS Wisley.